We hope you are encouraged by the progress made by the Safety/Security Team so far. That said, we recognize there is more to do. A reminder of the six elements of the Framework:
- Summon help. This can take several forms, from reaching out to a church leader or trained congregant to dialing 911.
- Train congregants to help. Mike Williams, a church member and trained paramedic, led a two hour condensed CPR/AED/First Aid class for teachers, ushers, and staff. Additional classes will be scheduled after the first of the year.
- Offer help as you’re trained, able, and willing. In an emergency, we need the contributions of many people with a variety of skills.
- Let others know. A situation in one location may impact those in other locations on church grounds.
- Document what happened. A Critical Incident Form needs to be completed whenever there is a fall, injury or illness requiring first aid or medical treatment. The forms are in a mailbox in Unitarian House.
- Stay aware and vigilant. Borrowing some powerful phrase, “If you see something, say something.” “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”