Each of us has dreams of our own; some we keep private, and others we share with family and close friends, And then there are the dreams we hold in common with others, in community. In fact, one of the defining elements of a deeply connected community is the dreams we share, supporting each other in our individual dreams, and working for the larger dreams we can only achieve together.
COW Collects Pet Food Items
Due to financial hardship, many families are forced to decide between feeding themselves or feeding their pets. Families are sometimes forced to give up their furry friends. Supplying Pet Food Pantries will help keep entire families together.
We are accepting the following:
- Dry Dog Food
- Canned Dog Food
- Dry Cat Food
- Canned Cat Food
- Puppy or training pads
- Cat Litter
- Small mammal food (hamster, gerbil, rabbit, etc.)
- Cat treats
- Dog treats
Items will be collected all throughout the month of October. Please leave in the COW bin outside of the Horsch Room. The Drive will end on Sunday, 10/31.
Dual-mode Worship Starting 10/24
We will experiment with shifting our worship location to Hillside Lower Level, using a mix of in-person and virtual elements, allowing up to 15 congregants to attend each Sunday, by reservation. The service will be available on Zoom just as it has been, so it will continue to be accessible online to all.
Attendance in person will be limited to those who are vaccinated, and will require masks over mouth and nose, and maintaining social distance. The hymns will be humming-only, except for small choral ensembles and soloists. There will be no eating or drinking.
In this way, we hope to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of the congregation, while continuing to observe safe practices as our area is still at very high risk of Covid infection.
Register to attend the service in person at this link; if you cannot access the registration form, call Mandy at 856-667-3618 extension 3 and she will register you via phone (you may also leave a message).
There will be a new registration released each week in the Tuesday Newsgram.
*Musicians and/or choir that are scheduled to be part of the service do not need to RSVP.
October Split Plate – Mercury Critical Incident Response Team
Fall Faith Engagement Catalog Released
The Fall/Winter 2021 Faith Engagement Catalog has been released! Children's Faith Engagement resumes Sundays at 1pm beginning October 11th. We have a full and robust set of offerings for all ages in this new catalog! We're offering some of your favorites continuing, as well as some brand new options. Highlights include:
- Continued: Words Class monthly version, Democracy Discussion, Noon Connections, TMI Meditation and Monthly Theme Discussion
- New: Date with Death Club, Incorrigble Book Talk and Follow Up Series
- Fun Times Ahead: Winter Bird Walks, Labyrinth Classes, Candle Magic and the UUA Common Read, Breathe.
We are officially opening up the church grounds between 2 pm and 4 pm on any Sunday afternoon, weather permitting, to gather for connection outdoors on our beautiful property. Bring a chair and set it up in the parking lot, or bring a blanket and spread it on the lawn below Hillside. Walk the labyrinth, explore our wood-chipped paths back into the Arboretum, watch the birds, enjoy the flowers …. catch up with old friends and make new ones, so that we begin to restore all those community connections we have all been missing so much!
And remember, the church grounds, including the labyrinth, are always open for you to enjoy from dawn until dusk, individually or in small groups, on your own schedule. So stop by on any Sunday afternoon (weather permitting) starting May 30 at 2pm, and let’s be together safely, bringing us all back to what really matters.
- Celebrate (In Person!) Fall Equinox Sept. 18! September 11, 2021
- A Change in Direction for Gathering in Person (and Survey Results) September 11, 2021
- Last Week in Renovation (Update 9) August 27, 2021
- BoT President’s Blog: August 2021 August 3, 2021
- Staff Blogs: Margret’s Musings, July 2021 July 13, 2021
- Looking to the Past and Future: President’s Comments, UUCCH Annual Meeting 2021 June 15, 2021
- Keeping Up with Covid May 28, 2021
- Staff Blogs: Margret’s Musings, May 2021 May 11, 2021
- CREE – Did You Know? Discussing Intersectionality May 4, 2021
- Staff Blogs: Paula’s Perspectives, April 2021 April 27, 2021