“Showing Up for Each Other’s Mental Health”
Do you or someone you love have lived experience with mental health problems? Today about 20% of the adult population are diagnosed with a mental health problem. Yet, even now it is often viewed through the lens of intolerance, ignorance, and fear.
We are pleased to host UU Rev. Barbara Meyers for the workshop “Showing Up for Each Other’s Mental Health”
This online Zoom presentation and discussion will be held on Saturday, April 17, from 1:00 – 3:00 pm with a 10 minute break in the middle.
Rev. Meyers is a UU community minister with a mental health ministry based in Fremont, California, and President of the Board of the UU Mental Health Network.
In this workshop, Rev. Meyers will:
- Share stories from her mental health ministry
- Show the importance of spiritual resources and the importance of peers.
- Discuss the impact that COVID-19 is having on mental health, and what we can do to mitigate the impact on our lives.
- Talk about avenues to further this focus and this work.
- Talk about the work of the UU Mental Health Network and its recent survey of UUs.Saturday, April 17 1:00 – 3:00 pm.
Donations of $20 a person are welcome but not required.
Please register here: https://tinyurl.com/y7dxqzxk
2 Responses to “Virtual Workshop Opportunity: Showing Up for Each Other’s Mental Health, 4/17”
I’d like to register
Hi Rochelle! Click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the article to register!